Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Series Of Unfortunate Events:The Reptile Room

Yes I'm being a cheapskate once again and decided to rummage my little brother's closet.Since he dooesn't mind me reading any of his book I decided to read A Series Of Unfortunate Events:The Reptile Rool.It is the second book of the thirteenth part series.It is written by Lemony Snicket in the year 1999.He once again asked us to read a book which will be more cheerful.

The High and Low
.The story and characters are charming
.Nice Illustration

.I felt that this book was somewhat inferior to the first book.
.I also felt that the book was too similiar to the first one

Quick Summary
The three children now live with a relative of their called Uncle Monty he is a kind man and he is excited  that the children is staying with him.The Baudelaires are excited because they're going to an expidition next week they thought that it was the end of their very bad luck but they were wrong.Uncle Monty hired a new assistant after his previous one left and this assistant was none other than Count Olaf who is wearing a disguise.He threathens them not to tell Uncle Monty about his identity.The Baudelaires felt curious on why was he even here.He doesn't even have a right to any of them anymore he couldn't take their fortune even if he wanted to but the children still felt suspicious and decided to report to uncle Monty when Count Olaf was busy.Unfortunately Uncle Monty doesn't believe them and thought that his assistant was a spy who wanted to steal a snake that he just discovered a while a go to...........................................That's all I can say.

The Conclusion
I felt somewhat dissapointed after reading this book.Truthfully I was looking forward on reading this book as I felt the first book was relatively depressing yet it managed to show it's charming side as well.As I read on this I still managed to find those essence in this book but it felt inferior to the first book.The Baudelaires is as charming as ever but I felt other character lacked something I really liked Count Olaf in the first book but I couldn't like him as much in this book.I also felt that the story was a tad too similiar to the first one.actually there is nothing wrong with a book being similiar to its predecessor but this time the other characters was lacking the story was less adventurous.I'm a bit worry about what is going to happen in the other books,will it be similiar to the first two books if yes I'm not sure whether I'm going to continue reading this series.I will probably give the third book a chance in the not so near future.While this book failed to captivate me, fans or a slightly more younger reader than me probably wouldn't mind reading this book and would think that I'm crazy for hating this book.

Rating:5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment