Monday, December 31, 2012

The Pinhoe Egg

I'm sorry but once again I decided to read a book I already owned byt don't worry I haven't posted my review for it yet.The Pinhoe Egg is a book written 2006.It was written by the late Diana Wynne Jones and it is a book from the Chrestomanci series and a continuation from Charmed Life.It is the last book she wrote for the Chrestomanci series.

The High and Low
.The story is as interesting as ever.
.The characters were charming.
.Really loved the cover.

.Some characters were underused.

Quick Summary
Cat was just sitting there when he heard Janet and Julia talking about horses.Julia asked Janet to ask her father for horses because she felt that Chrestomanci will be more lenient on her because what happended to her.Chrestomanci agreed to buy a horse for them eventhough he's not fond of the idea.After a series of situation Cat ended up owning the horse.chrestomanci asked him to care for the horse properly meaning no magic.Marianne(The second protagonist of the story)needs to take care of Gammer's Cat(Gammer is the title given to the woman's chief)because Gammer is not in a stable condition and the other villagers want her to move with one of them so it would be more easier to look after her.Because of this Gammer's house is now unoccupied and they decided to sell to someone(to a Pinhoe to be exact)you see all of the villagers use magic as they please so they try to hide their action from Chrestomanci fearing he would stop them from using their magic................................................................That's all I'm going to write

The Conclusion
I already said this and I'm going to say it again,Diana Wynne Jones is one of the best fantasy ever lived.This may not be her strongest book but she rarely dissapoints me.Diana Wynne Jones had a knack of making charming characters.Most of them are full of life relatable and almost never annoying.Charmed Life was written in 1977 and this book was published almost 30 years later but Jones still managed to capture the essence the first book had.The book also had a great cover,always a good thing in my opinion.My biggest complain was how Jones didn't use musch of her suppoting characters I would love to read more about Millie,Joe and especially Janet she was basically non existance in this book.I would had really loved to see her interact with cat more like she did on the first book.This book was the last of the Chrestomanci series and it is the seconnd book to future Cat and I really glad that Jones managed to make this book great.

Rating:9 out of 10


The Conclusion

No comments:

Post a Comment